Plan Your Midwest Elopement Here
If you’re seriously thinking of tying the knot anywhere in the north-central/north-eastern states, welcome to our guide to a stress-free, memorable and quick wedding elopement in the Midwest U.S.
Our coverage includes wedding locations in cities like Chicago, Detroit, Cincinnati, St.Louis and Minneapolis, MN.
There’s suggestions for newlyweds-to-be who want to take advantage of activities in The Great Lake states like Ohio, Wisconsin and Michigan. Or plan a honeymoon around attractions in the Heartland of the central USA in places like Kansas and Missouri.
And because marriage regulations can vary, you’ll find what you need to know here for each state.
Have a Wonderful Midwest Elopement!
The Best Midwest Elopement Packages and Destinations in Ohio, Illinois, Michigan and other States
Midwest Elopement Destinations
Elope in Ohio - discover where to elope in Ohio with this guide to Bed and Breakfast Inns with eloping packages near Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland & more.
Michigan Elopement - where to find a quick, simple and elegant wedding on the shores of Lake Michigan, near Detroit, or in other romantic spots in the state of Michigan.
Elope in Missouri - plan a romantic wedding elopement in Missouri destinations like Branson, St. Louis or Lake of the Ozarks.
Elope in Wisconsin - expensive or cheap eloping in romantic Wisconsin destinations, including Door County, Wisconsin Dells and Lake Geneva, WI.
Elope in Illinois - lots of suggestions for affordable eloping in Illinois, including romantic wedding destinations like Chicago and Galena, IL.
Elope in Minnesota - Minneapolis - St.Paul and Bloomington MN elopement packages are featured in this section on romantic small weddings in the "Land of 10,000 Lakes".
Indiana Elopement - romantic wedding locations in Indiana, with details on B&B elope spots and honeymoons in Northern & Southern IN.
Iowa Elopement Weddings - find romantic elope packages available at wedding locations in Eastern & Western Iowa.
Elope in Kansas - choose from wedding elopement packages and locations close to Topeka and Kansas City, KS.
More Midwest Wedding Elopement Ideas:
Mackinac Island is a resort area on Lake Huron in Michigan. You have to take a private boat or ferry to get there, but you can also fly in a small aircraft and in the winter, some people snowmobile over the ice-covered lake. The only motorized vehicles allowed on the island are service and emergency vehicles.
Mackinac is listed as a National Historic Landmark, and has been very well preserved and restored to its 19th century state. There are many little shops lining the streets and the locally made fudge is famously delicious.
Hotels and bed and breakfasts are available, including the well-known Victorian Grand Hotel, which originally opened in 1887. Many of the inns on Mackinac Island will create custom wedding packages for you.
8 Romantic Spots for Weddings & Honeymoons in Ohio:
1. Eden Park in Cincinnati, especially the Hinkle Magnolia Garden and Gazebo.
2. Alms Park (Cincinnati) with views of the Ohio River and the hills of Kentucky.
3. Sunset at Huntington Beach in Bay Village (Cleveland).
4. Chagrin Falls is a charming little town about 25 miles east of Cleveland. There is a small park along the Chagrin River where you can take a romantic walk or walk down the stairs to the falls themselves.
5. Cleveland Public Square—a four-block central plaza where you can shop, eat and listen to live music.
6. Hocking Hills Park and especially Old Man’s Cave
7. Radar Hill – impressive views of Athens
8. Park of Roses in Columbus within Whetstone Park. Three gardens with over 11,500 roses. And it’s free!
Romantic Things to Do in Chicago After Your Wedding:
- This one goes without saying—share a kiss at the top of the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel.
- Take a sunset dinner cruise departing from Navy Pier
- Visit the Chicago Botanic Gardens
- Take a carriage ride through downtown
- Have dinner (or brunch) 95 floors above the ground at the restaurant in the Hancock building