An Iowa Elopement Is A Great Way To Start Your Happily Ever After
Looking for an Iowa Elopement? Check Out These Affordable Wedding Packages for Eloping in IA.
Happy Couple Outdoors After an Iowa Elopement Wedding
You can start your life together by eloping in Iowa and then enjoy the fun of exploring this fascinating midwest vacation destination.
There are wonderful places to elope in Iowa with beautiful scenery, and accommodations that combine charm and elegance. And for things to do on your honeymoon, explore historic settlements along the Mississippi and Missouri rivers, wine trails, hiking, museums, art galleries, and bustling cities like Des Moines and Cedar Rapids, IA.
Romantic Iowa Elopement Wedding Locations
Elope near Des Moines, Iowa:
- The Brass Lantern at Windcrest Farm has an Iowa bed and breakfast wedding package tailored by you. Your ceremony can be performed in the nearby centuries old church, the famous Bridges of Madison County, or poolside at the Inn. The ordained Innkeeper will perform your ceremony anywhere within 75 miles, and room rates in the luxurious guesthouse start at $140. Honeymoon packages are available, and wonderful dining is only 10 minutes away.
- Wedding Location: in Western Iowa at 2446 State Highway 92, Greenfield, IA (1-888-743-2031, e-mail: reservations at brasslantern.com)
Elopements near Dubuque, Eastern IA:
- Choose the Quiet Walker Lodge Bed and Breakfast Inn near Dubuque on the Paradise Valley Trail for your Iowa elopement. Beautiful accommodations start at $99 and local businesses will supply all the services you request for the wedding of your dreams. The 25-mile nature trail is nearby, a short drive takes you to the River Walk, and in winter, ski at Sundown Mountain.Wedding Location:18132 Paradise Valley Trail, Durango, IA (1-800-388-0942)
Eloping in Western Iowa
- The Castle Unicorn beckons you with its tower and wrought iron features. Wedding packages with variable prices are available, and included is your choice of room (note The Queen’s Quarters at the top of the tower).An outdoor service can be held in secluded gardens by the fountain. The Castle Unicorn also offers catering with a custom menu and bar services, and you will be referred to businesses for other wedding needs.Wedding Location: 57034 Deacon Road, Pacific Junction, IA (712-527-5930)
Romantic Iowa Honeymoon Hotels
- Just 40 minutes northwest of Des Moines, you'll find Perry, IA and the Hotel Patee, a terrific boutique hotel perfect for a honeymoon getaway in Iowa. Romantic theme rooms & suites, deluxe bedding and spa tubs, and wood-burning fireplaces will set the mood perfectly. There's even a antique-replica bowling alley downstairs for extra fun!
More Elope Destinations Near Iowa
Since Iowa is a smaller state population-wise, you may decide to travel a bit and get married in a nearby state. We can help you there too - we've got more on our site on on Inexpensive Minnesota Elopements, where you can Elope in Wisconsin, a guide to Eloping in Illinois, and some ideas for where to find Missouri Elopement Packages.
Regulations for Eloping in Iowa
If you are 18 or over, apply at the county clerk’s office in the county where you are to be married with picture ID (e.g., driver’s license) and your social security information. You may need a birth certificate as well, and you need a witness over the age of 18 when applying. If only one of you can appear, the other can sign the application before a notary public.
You don’t need to be a resident of Iowa, no tests are required, and same-sex marriages are permitted but cousin marriages are not. The license will cost $30 or more (bring cash as not all counties accept credit cards) and is valid for six months. If previously married, supply the date of divorce or death, and if a divorce took place within 60 days, bring the signed decree. There is a waiting period of three business days before you can get married.
We Hope This Gives You Some Ideas for Eloping in Iowa!
(Please Note: This page on Iowa elopements is a guide only. Prices for these Iowa wedding packages as well as requirements for marriage in the state of Iowa can change. Please consult with suppliers and official agencies before making any purchases or set arrangements.)